Saturday, August 1, 2009

thirtyninepointfive

(this one doesn't count, but I've had a couple people ask about it lately, so I figured I'd put it somewhere...)

Remember when you said 'la la la' and I said that was my favorite song, for ever and never, and you said you hated the smell of aqua velva and i said good, because i'd never buy that swill, and I wish I never left you and I wish I never loved you, and we gave hubris a name and that name is Louis, only the English spelling instead, and you realized that the colors of your flag were also the colors of a beaten corpse, and you kept a journal of all your failings and it was a page longer than the journal of your success because the pen ran out of ink, and another awkward moment passes, and 'goodbye' is written backwards on the bathroom mirror, and good old Hank reminded us that "the southwest is full of sadness", and the folk singers lost their fingertips to their centuries of steel strings and muzzle-loaded love letters, and we cherished every minute of our empty picture frames, and we agreed that we hated the word "sucess" almost as much as we hated the word "hate". almost as much as we hated each other.

1 comment:

paint_the_town said...

you are right. i have always loved this one.