Friday, August 14, 2009

#111

everybody knows you're not supposed to. it's illegal. and it's illegal because it's dangerous, and that's the only reason we don't pick up hitchhikers anymore.
it might be one of the only times that pity overcomes self-preservation in the human condition.

and now he's beside me, alternating the sharp blade from my neck to my ribcage, the mud from his justin brand boots is all over the passenger side of my car, and i guess i'm fairly attractive, so when they find my body, i'll probably become famous. the newest poster child for safety. maybe my parents will tour the country, looking wholesome and sad, telling little kids and teenagers to stay off drugs and never talk to strangers.

maybe their teachers will hold class discussions afterwards. "such a shame," they'll say, looking at my picture and shaking their heads. "if only she had known better".

No comments: