Monday, August 16, 2010

#205

the struggle between mystery and honesty has never been an easy line to balance. and i've never been such an easy target as now, mystery lying outside these four walls and all across the floor. truth running in a jagged scar up my thigh... is it not what you expected?
our first meeting you complimented my name, "so beautiful" as if i had achieved it. as if it were my choice. did i tell you my namesake is dead or that i never knew her? it is apparent now that her name did not bring with it her long brown hair and quiet poise. or is she more beautiful in death?
my mother's favorite child is my brother, and he looks nothing like my father.
mystery is lying all around us, and the only honesty i know to give is lost in your brilliant mind. you read into me the way your first-year poetics teacher taught you to read rilke and proust and balzac.
and still today you are no more ready for me than you were for them.

No comments: