Thursday, May 6, 2010

#193

look, princess. i get that you crave attention. your insistent flirting and "look at me! look how cute i am!" demeanor used to make me pity you. low self esteem perhaps. maybe you weren't hugged enough as a kid. (looking at you now, maybe you weren't clothed enough as a kid either.) obligingly, i put up with it. smiled at your purple rimmed eyes and suffered through a few double dates. i said nothing when you tried to tickle fight my boyfriend. i kept silent when you ran your polished fingers through his hair, when you full-frontal hug him for much longer than necessary.
no part of me believed you'd be around much longer.
so imagine my dismay when you told me you're moving in next door.
i know our relationship has taken a turn for the worse. it's just a lot easier to be nice to somebody when you think they're temporary.

No comments: