Monday, March 8, 2010

#177

i want you to kiss me in the back of a darkened movie theatre. i know it is so cliche. but maybe we'll both reach for popcorn, our fingers already buttery (i can never resist) and you'll let me take a piece first, just like you always do. i'll snatch it up quickly, faster than usual- like the way you speed up to cross the street when you know a car is waiting patiently. i'll smile a thank you and let it rest on your face longer than necessary. just long enough that maybe in that moment you will remember how much you loved me in moments before... back when moments were longer. then you'll kiss me, hard, and i will reach to meet you. you will wrap your arm around me, resting my head on your shoulder and i will still be smiling, feeling safe.

you're coming out of the bathroom, pulling our tickets and your wallet from your back pocket. "you want popcorn tonight?"

"yes please. with butter."

No comments: