Thursday, July 16, 2009

#103

tomorrow my new brother comes. it's not right to hold it against him- the fact that my mother actually wants him. that's the strangest thing- that the adoption agency wouldn't think to check abortion records. i had always been the thorn in my mother's side, the "miracle child" only to my grandparents, and even that was a long time coming.
you'd think she would have stopped drinking after a crazy drunken night ended in me. you'd think she'd have the decency to give me away after a failed attempt on my life. anyone in their right mind could even wonder a half-illiterate woman with an unsurmountable hatred for her biological daughter could possibly be a day away from a son.
ruminate all you want; i've given up on logic.
i began life as a lame duck daughter, i guess that's how i'll end it.

No comments: