Tuesday, April 14, 2009

#90

i'm off to the military, mom. i know you always tried to keep me from it, always tried to keep me on the path to being a doctor, a banker, a good job. the suit i'll be wearing to work isn't exactly what you had in mind. i know that.
but with all the stupid things i've done in my life (yeah, i admit it. you knew better all along- too bad nobody realizes that till its too late), there's one thing you know about me. if i start it, there's no way i'm not gonna finish it.
so this is the path i'm starting. and who knows? maybe i'll develop some kind of Onoda complex and be completely balls-out crazy, and my country will give me a medal instead of therapy.
that's probably what i always needed. i'm gonna go and get a different kind of therapy.
and by the way, if i don't make you proud, or i make headlines in a bad way, you should tell dad that, well... you know. i just think that if i can do right by him, i will. but if i'm a disgrace, he shouldn't have to take any blame.
i cleaned out my room just in case. but i left anything joey might want. you'll only hear from me if i make any headlines. i love you mom.

No comments: